The Foundation Coach Award – 1 Day Training Course
The Award is designed to enable coaches to be more effective in coaching the delivery of the fundamental movement skills of climbing. Foundation Coaches will usually be concerned with the stimulating delivery of a single session to a group of individuals. They will often be assisting a Development Coach who will set the learning outcomes for the session, as part of a longer term progression, course, or scheme.
Cost – £65
July 29th – The Climbing Works – Sheffield
August 19th – The Climbing Works – Sheffield
October 21st – The Climbing Works – Sheffield
Entry Requirements: Before you register on a course it is important to have attained the following pre-requesties:
- Be at least 16 years of age to register and attend courses
- Have at least 6 months personal climbing experience.
- Hold a minimum technical certification of Climbing Wall Award or site-specific climbing wall validation
- Attend a BMC/MCofS FUNdamentals of Climbing 1 workshop
- Attend a Safeguarding and Protecting Children in Sport workshop
All the above pre-requisities do not need to be completed in a certain order. However we feel that you will get the most out of the courses if you have attended a BMC Fundamentals course and your CWA training.
Where do you go from here?
- If you have not already done so you will need to register for the scheme with Mountain Training here
- Secondly you can book a place on a course either here or by contacting Tom Greenall directly
- Third is begin to collect your pre-requesties. (Ideally you CWA/SPA and BMC Fundamentals)