The Development Coach Award – 2 Day Training Course
Ideal for independent autonomous coaches who will prepare for, and deliver a structured progression in ‘Climber Centred Coaching’ over a series of coaching sessions.
The skills of the Foundation Coach will be developed to a more sophisticated level, to match their delivery to the needs of developing climbers within a group. Often working with Foundation Coaches, the Development Coach will take a mentoring role, and lead in the review process to promote reflective coaching practice.
Cost – £125
July 14th/15th – The Climbing Works – Sheffield
September 15th/16th – The Climbing Works – Sheffield
November 11th/12th – The Climbing Works – Sheffield
Entry Requirements: Before you register on a course it is important to have attained the following pre-requesties:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least 12 months of personal climbing experience
- Attend a Coaching Foundations Course or Accredited Prior Learning
- Hold a Climbing Wall Award (or higher level of Award) at the time of attendance on the training course
- Attend a BMC/MCofS FUNdamentals of Climbing 2 workshop and the new Physical Training for Climbing
All the above pre-requisities do not need to be completed in a certain order. However we feel that you will get the most out of the courses if you have attended a BMC Fundamentals (1,2 and Physical Training) and your CWA training.
Where do you go from here?
- If you have not already done so you will need to register for the scheme with Mountain Training here
- Secondly you can book a place on a course either here or by contacting Tom Greenall directly
- Third is begin to collect your pre-requesties which are listed above.